Slot games have gone a long way since one-armed bandits with a single payline and horseshoes, liberty bells, diamonds, spades and hearts used to create winning combinations. Canadian players can now access thousands of slot games online and choose between classic, video and progressive titles with a variety of different themes and special features.
Many, however, still appreciate the simplicity of the original slot machines. Classic online titles deliver the same without the need to pull a mechanical lever in order to send reels spinning. The choice of games available at online casino is fortunately both big and diverse enough. Before you give them go, use this page to learn how to play classic slots online and enjoy the experience.
Classic slots online
CLASSIC SLOTS LIST TO PLAY FOR FUN
No slots to display!
Websites with slots for Canadians
WHAT ARE CLASSIC ONLINE SLOTS?
Slot games use reels populated with various symbols and pay for landing multiple identical ones on the same payline. Most classic slots utilize 3 reels though there are also those that play with 5. The number of bet lines is small and some titles only offer one. Their designs, as well as sound effects, are normally quite basic. For the most part, classic titles are no-nonsense, straightforward games with few (if any) special features. Wild icons acting as substitutes for other game symbols are frequently the only help you’ll get. The outcome of each spin is determined by a Random Number Generator designed to ensure fair gameplay.
THE HISTORY OF CLASSIC ONLINE SLOTSIt all started back in 1880's with a machine called Liberty Bell. Players were winning by lining up bells, horseshoes, diamonds, spades and hearts. At the time, real money payouts were against the law and winners instead received rewards in the form of snacks and fruits - hence the BAR symbol (chocolate bar). Bally's Money Honey, created in 1963, was the first fully electromechanical machine able to pay coins without an attendant. The traditional one-armed bandit was used as a model for classic online casino slots which started appearing in the 1990s.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CLASSIC AND MODERN SLOTSClassic online slots replicate the simplicity of one-armed bandits. Although many newer ones use themed symbols rather than the likes of BARs, bells, cherries and royals, most still play with only 3 reels, small number of paylines and no special symbols other than Wilds. They are far simpler than modern games which play with 5 or more reels and dozens or hundreds of lines. Video slots feature 3D graphics and complex animations as well as multiple bonus rounds.
TYPES OF CLASSIC ONLINE SLOTSThe online gaming world offers different options for fans of traditional fruities. Players can choose the best fit based on the set-up and special features.
- 3 OR 5 REELS: Traditional fruities used to play with 3 reels and the same is true for many of their online counterparts. There are, however, also classics which use 5 reels.
- SINGLE/MULTI PAYLINES: A single payline is typical for one-armed bandits but nowadays a slot can have all the traits of a classic title and still pay over multiple lines.
- WITH/WITHOUT BONUS ROUNDS: In addition to classic fruities that use only regular symbols and possibly a Wild, there are titles which also incorporate a simple bonus round.
- PROGRESSIVE: Progressive jackpots may be commonly associated with video slots but some classics are also willing to pay progressively increasing top rewards.
TOP 3 CLASSIC SLOTS WITH PROGRESSIVE JACKPOTS
- CASH SPLASH (Microgaming)
- MEGA JOKER (NetEnt)
- TUNZAMUNNI (Microgaming)
|Slot Name||Provider||RTP %||Reels||Paylines||Jackpot|
|Cash Splash||Microgaming||99%||9||5||Progressive Jackpot|
|Mega Joker||NetEnt||91.62%||5||15||6000 coins|
Advantages & Disadvantages OF PLAYING CLASSIC SLOTS ONLINE
- Classic titles have a simple mechanism which makes them an ideal choice for new players with little or no experience. One look at the paytable is all it takes to start spinning.
- Graphics are simple and focus is on gameplay rather than visual appearance. Although the latter may impact the overall experience, it has no influence on the outcome.
- The minimum bet per spin is frequently lower than in most video slots. That makes classic titles accessible to a wider audience, including players with tiny budgets.
- Classic slots have a much smaller number of paylines than video slots, sometimes as few as one. Because there are less lines, hit frequency is also lower.
- Owing to fewer special features or a complete absence of bonus rounds, playing classic online slot games may become dull after a while. That's less likely to happen with feature-rich video slots.
- Classic titles generally offer smaller top rewards, even if they feature a progressive jackpot. That makes them unappealing for players looking for life-changing wins.
Our ConclusionClassic online slots are titles with simple gameplay and few bet lines. They incorporate very few special features and sometimes none at all. However, the absence of bonus rounds doesn’t mean one can’t earn more than decent amounts and thoroughly enjoy the experience. Just make sure to follow the advice given in this article and profit from your new skills.
Why should I choose a classic online slot over video slot?
Classic titles are an ideal choice for players looking for simple, no-nonsense gameplay. They are the best option for fans of traditional fruities as well as new players.
Do classic online slots pay less frequently than video titles?
That largely depends on the game's volatility. However, classic titles usually have a lower hit rate because they use a much smaller number of paylines than video slots.
Can classic slot machines pay progressive jackpots?
They sure can. Microgaming's Cash Splash and Tunzamunni and NetEnt’s Mega Joker are a few that offer all advantages of classic slots as well as a progressively increasing top reward.
Are classic slots disappearing from online casinos?
No way. True, far more video slots are being released but that doesn't mean fans of traditional 3-reelers are forgotten. Some developers are nowadays launching games that make the best of both worlds.