With so many different types of casino bonuses around, there are a few things to consider when choosing the right one for you. These include:
- The amount – pay attention to how much the bonus is. The best credit card signup bonus or match deposit offer is one that pays you more. Take note that some forms of payment are not eligible for a sign-up bonus casino offer.
- The validity – bonuses usually carry time restrictions. For example, you may need to play through the bonus plus your deposit a certain amount of times within a short timeframe.
- Percentage – top online casinos offer more than your deposit amount. Look for generous offers to stretch your bankroll.
- Games – find out which games you can spend your bonus on. Also, different games contribute differently to playthrough requirements. Slots, for instance, always contribute 100%, with table games only contributing a small percentage.
- Safety and fairness – always read a casino bonus’s terms and conditions and make sure you play at a licensed and regulated casino. We only recommend safe and fair sites for Canadian players.
How to Activate a Casino Bonus
Once you’ve found the best bonuses for online casino sites, it’s time to activate them. It’s not quite as easy as the bonus appearing in your account right away. Casinos want you to sign up, make deposits and become a loyal player.
As soon as you’ve completed a registration form and verified your account, you’ll be able to login with your username and password and collect a bonus. Some online casinos allow you to opt-in for the bonus during the registration process. Others require you to enter a bonus code. If you feel that you can’t meet a bonus’s wagering requirements, there’s always the option to skip it and just start playing your favourite games.
If you do claim free spins or a welcome bonus, the funds are credited to your account as bonus money once you’ve made the necessary minimum deposit. Many casinos split up welcome bonuses after your first few deposits.
If you’re already a player at a casino and want to claim a bonus, the casino usually allows you to opt-in or enter a bonus code and then funds your account accordingly.
As soon as you’ve met the wagering requirements, your winnings are available for withdrawal.
What Are Wagering Requirements?
There’s not an online casino in the world that will just hand over free cash once you’ve registered and made a deposit. Whether you choose the best online casino bonus in Canada when you sign up, or as a regular gambler, there are terms and conditions to take note of.
You’ll find the terms within the bonus terms and conditions. Wagering requirements clearly dictate that you need to wager your bonus (and sometimes your deposit, too) a stipulated number of times before you can withdraw any winnings from the bonus.
The Point of Wagering Terms
Even the best bonuses for online casinos don’t want you walking away with free cash. By implementing playthrough requirements, you’re forced to spend the bonus money.
Keep an eye on the requirements. After a big win, you might want to withdraw your cash. But if you’ve not fulfilled the wagering requirements, you won’t be able to do that. Most casinos will show you how much you’ve got left to wager on your account page or on the withdrawal screen.
Incurring Wagering Requirements
Every time you claim a bonus, you automatically agree to the conditions. So, it’s a good idea to skip a bonus if you don’t think you’ll be able to fulfil the wagering requirements within the specified time period.
Very occasionally you’ll come across wager-free bonuses. They’re rare, and they’re often small deals, but without playthrough terms, you get to keep whatever you win, no strings attached. Just go through the fine print to make sure a bonus really is free of wagering requirements.
Keep checking back here at Casino Canada regularly for the latest online casino bonuses for Canadian players and pick the best bonus for your budget and your playing preferences! We always try to include terms and conditions when reviewing bonuses.