Gambling can be an exciting leisure activity when done responsibly. Our motivation for creating this website wasn’t just to help our readers enjoy their gambling experience, but to do so in a responsible manner as to improve their chances of winning.
We constantly strive to inform our players on the lessons of gambling and in doing so, impress upon them the fact that there are algorithms and probabilities that can be applied to gambling, and that “luck” is not the only factor which goes into winning and losing.
We also believe in the importance of education in a broader sense, not just in terms of gambling. A good education can change a life for the better in many ways, not least by providing opportunities that would otherwise be out unattainable. We feel, as a successful Canadian company, that we have a responsibility to contribute in some small way to the education of young Canadians.
This is why we operate our $1,000 annual scholarship for those studying Statistics, Physics, Accounting, Chemistry, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Applied Mathematics, Theoretical Abstract Mathematics and Engineering.
We decided to make our www.casinocanada.com scholarship available students working towards degrees in Math and Math related fields.
We wanted the Scholarship to be associated in some way to what we do, and the field of Math plays a vital role in all aspects of gambling. Some of the most successful gamblers of all time have been great mathematicians, statisticians, etc. and have excelled in the understanding of this Science and how a solid and disciplined approach can improve your chances.
The deadline of entry is March 31, 2017. We will pick a winner by April 30th, 2017. If you’re the lucky winner, a $1,000 check will be sent directly to your college by May 31st, 2017 .
- $1,000 for the purposes of tuition or associated expenses.
- Awarded annually on April 30th
- Judged by the www.casinocanada.com management and editorial team.
- Submissions are open year round.
- Applicants must be enrolled as a student at an accredited University/College in Canada at the time of submitting the essay.
- Applicants must be studying in a Math related field as mentioned above
- The essay should focus on the application of mathematics towards games of chance and the ways in which someone without an advanced knowledge of probability can excel in these games
- Essays must be a minimum of 1,000 words.
Essays will be evaluated on:
- Any essays that are plagiarized or copied from other sources will disqualify the applicant from all future Scholarship programs.
- The completed essay can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before March 31st, 2017.
- Full name, address, phone number and email
- Student Identification #
- All personal details submitted will be kept private.
- Casino Canada reserves the exclusive rights to publish any of the entries it receives.
- Fraudulent submissions will be disregarded.
- Non-English submissions will automatically be rejected.
- The site will not charge fees for the submission of the essay.
- Submitted entries are expected, and should be, duly accomplished by the applicants.
- The decision of the judging panel is final.